The Reservations Clerk will provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, cancellations and information.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) All hotel facilities/services, hours of operation. b) All guest room layouts, bed types, decor, appointments and locations. c) Room availability for any given day. d) Restricted dates, rates and room types. e) All room rates, packages and promotions. f) Specific arrangements between hotel and travel agencies, corporate reservations center. g) Entertainment/special events scheduled in the hotel.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies and resource materials.
- Answer telephone calls within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, fax, mail, internally and through corporate reservations center or travel agencies.
- Ascertain callers' needs through open-ended questions.
- Describe room accommodations and all amenities.
- Obtain all designated information to book a reservation.
- Accommodate special requests and designate such in system.
- Access guest history records to best service guests; maintain accurate information in guest history files.
- Maximize rate for all reservations.
- Promote and sell holiday and other packages to callers requesting reservations on designated dates.
- Assist callers with dining room reservations and amenity orders.
- Verify availability.
- Suggest alternate dates for sold-out dates.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers; assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and relay such to caller.
- Relay accurate information on transportation arrangements from airport to hotel; input and document such requests.
- Set up proper billing accounts (i.e., sharewiths, room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing) and process advance deposits.
- Verify all reservation information with caller to ensure accuracy.
- Input correct information into proper fields to inform other departments of pertinent information (i.e., flags, comments, guest message).
- Document all information for manual reservations on designated form.
- Input all manual reservations into the system.
- Process confirmation letters.
- Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
- Initiate deposit refunds for non-group reservations.
- Refer requests for initial booking of group rooms, banquet or convention requests to the Sales Department.
- Create individual files and group masters with designated information for each group booking received from the Sales Department.
- Update changes received from Sales.
- Set up group room blocks in the system.
- Book group reservations against the room block.
- Input group rooming lists.
- Monitor group cut-off dates and review with Sales or group contact.
- Review group resumes and convey all pertinent information in the system to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor and maintain wait lists daily.
- Process requests for mailing brochures, correspondence and package information.
- Compile and maintain information for daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Agent.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED plus 1 year of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the above knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have working knowledge of Front Office procedures.
- Prior hotel reservations experience preferred.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.