The Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis is looking for an energetic morning person to joing ther Food & Bevreage team as a morning Server.
This is a Part-Time position.
The Restaurant Server will take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according Hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. He/she will collect payments and assist in the maintenance of the Restaurant area and equipment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to customers.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
Education And Experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Must have good understanding of the English language and previous guest/customer relations experience.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service preferred.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.
Why a career in the hotel industry?
Service to others is one of the pillars of working in the hotel and lodging industry. Workers within the industry have the direct ability to aid, advise, and provide services to guests. In the industry, workers are able to tend to public needs and support guests and community members in a way many other careers rarely provide. The hotel and lodging industry is committed to attracting, retaining, and educating individuals for lifelong careers. They partner with community-based organizations to recruit local applicants, provide employees with professional development workshops and apprenticeships, and award $1 million in academic scholarships each year.