Passionate about driving operational excellence and mentoring hotel leaders? Can you boast a stellar track record of Regional and General Management leadership? If so, Crestline Hotels & Resorts has just opened a Vice President of Operations position.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Hotel Operations, the ultimate mission of this role will be to provide operational leadership and excellence to approximately 13-15 hotels across the Midwest, having the comfort to oversee multiple premium-branded select service hotels.
This position will be based remotely in the Midwest region of the United States and required to be near a major airport. The role will entail approximately 65-75% travel.
The Vice President of Operations will/must have the following:
- Strong ability to mentor GMs to ensure successful operation of the region's hotels; set short-term and long-range goals to aid in the achievement of each property’s defined performance metrics
- Work with GMs to develop annual budgets, accurately forecast financial performance, and deliver financial results in accordance with those budgets
- Establish proactive owner relationships and ensures effective, proactive communication with ownership representatives at all times
- Oversee implementation of sales, revenue management, and marketing programs in order to achieve and exceed established RevPAR goals
- Drive guest satisfaction by maintaining product and service quality standards
- Critically analyze all metrics (including but not limited to financial reports, GSS, STR, Quality Assurance Inspections, Financial Audits, Associate Opinion Surveys, and Employee Turnover)
- Maximize employee performance and positive morale by serving as an ambassador of Crestline values
- Identify and own corporate initiatives that impact the entire portfolio
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Corporate Support disciplines such as Sales, Accounting, Revenue Management, Human Resources, Facilities, and Procurement & Cost Management to maximize the performance of the hotels
- Provide regular and effective updates to the Senior Leadership team, including the President & CEO on the performance of the hotels and the leaders in the region
- Alert to competitive facilities and new competitive developments, assessing their importance and communicating information to the Corporate office team and assigned property GMs
- Actively participate in Operations Meetings and Senior Staff Meetings at the Corporate Office; responsible for briefing Corporate colleagues on noteworthy issues in assigned region
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field from an accredited university/college plus at least five (5) to eight (8) years plus of related experience
- Must have a successful track record of regional/area experience with numerous direct reports and complexities
- Experience working with premium-branded select-service hotels is required (Marriott, Hilton, or Hyatt) – you should be comfortable handling these properties in both urban and tertiary settings
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.) and working knowledge of a variety of reservation and hotel information systems
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.