The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for determining the demand for products and services offered by the hotel and its competitors and identifying potential customers. They are responsible for developing pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing hotel profits and share of the market while ensuring the hotel's customers are satisfied. The Director of Sales & Marketing will oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establish distribution networks and develop distribution strategies.
- Consult with product development personnel on product specifications such as design, color, and packaging.
- Compile lists describing product or service offerings.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments, and monitor market trends.
- Select products and accessories to be displayed at trade or special production shows.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services.
- Advise business and other groups on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services.
- Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
- Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
- Conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products and services.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Four Year College or University) preferred: or 3-5 Years Work Equivalent
- Knowledge of Hotel Computer Systems to include brand-specific systems (Delphi, CI/TY, etc.)
- Premium brand experience highly preferred (Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, or IHG)
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.