The Centralized Controller will provide accounting support to approximately 7-8 Select Service/ Extended Stay hotels in a centralized accounting environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Approach all situations with guests, employees, vendors, corporate office and ownership in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Ensure compliance with all Crestline standard operating policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all audit requirements; both internal and external
- Ensure that hotel revenues and expenses are accurately recorded in accordance with CHRI established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Ensure financial reporting packages are processed in accordance with CHR requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations are reconciled on a timely basis
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels’ financial objectives.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in resolving and implementing new policies and procedures
- Ensure hotels’ compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Help management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, and payroll.
- Identifies and reports discrepancies to Directors and offer recommendations for corrective action
- Seeks better ways of doing things more efficiently or in a less costly manner to improve upon the present level. Makes appropriate recommendations to the Directors of Centralized Accounting
- Additional duties as directed by manager
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited University/College and three (3) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and abilities. Experience working with select service branded hotels is preferable.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point) and working knowledge of a variety of hotel information systems.
- Must be able to work independently, have knowledge of all accounting functions i.e., GAAP, Hospitality Accounting standards, and the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.
Pay Range $75,000 - $90,000