The Convention Services Manager will plan and manage conferences after the sales booking process in complete. Duties involve coordinating and negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, menus and all related requirements for large groups, maximizing room and meeting space, revenues and profits while ensuring a quality product.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Finalize food, beverage, and meeting room set-up requirements after group is
- turned over to conference services or during the negotiating process as needed
- Upgrade and upsell menus to achieve highest possible profit
- Provide Weekly Projections of banquet sales as related to budgeted sales and seek all upsell opportunities to generate additional revenue
- Be familiar with department’s Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to these guidelines
- Establish and maintain customer contact at all functions
- Promote energy conservation and aggressive hospitality programs along with achieving accident prevention goals
- Be prompt and accurate in completion of assigned projects
- Finalize BEOs by meeting with and telephoning customers. Once Business is Booked:
- Obtain necessary information to complete Banquet Event Orders in Delphi
- Work closely with sales manager to manage the room block and meeting space.
- Assist in arranging any off premise/outside activities for the client.
- Make transportation arrangements for group as necessary or requested.
- Complete coversheets to inform entire Hotel on upcoming groups
- Call contact after each function to ensure satisfaction. Make appropriate notations in file.
- Follow-up on any comments requiring explanation or adjustments
- Convention Services Managers go over all requirements of program with client including:
- Time of function Type of Set Audio/Visual Requirement Coffee Breaks Menu
- Selection Number of People General Administration and Reports
- Making sure files are administratively sound
- Keeping file activity records updated in Delphi
- Monthly Room Reconciliation – Making sure Reservations and Sales Group Rooms information matches
- Monthly Diary Audit – making sure your personal journal entries are correct and that no tentative dates have passed Meetings
- Weekly sales Meetings – to bring up any positive or negative experiences of the week
- Staff/Forecast Meeting – to inform all Hotel departments about upcoming groups
- BEO Meeting – to go over specifics of each group on a daily basis with appropriate departments
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED plus at least three (3) years of experience in hotel convention services, sales, or banquet management; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the above knowledge, skills and abilities.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have ability to effectively and efficiently utilize a variety of computer programs, i.e., Word, Excel, MICROS, property management system.
- Knowledge of Delphi is preferred, but not required.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.