The Cook will prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts for the hotel.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Complete opening duties: a) Set up the workstation with tools, equipment, and supplies. b) Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment, and supplies. c) Check production schedule and pars. d) Establish priority items for the day. e) Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
- Start prep work on items needed for the menu of the day.
- Inform F&B service staff of 86'd items and the number of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Closing Duties: a) Return all food items to the proper storage areas. b) Wrap, cover, label, and date all items being put away. c) Straighten up and organize all storage areas. d) Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves. e) Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations. f) Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy; prioritize and organize; follow directions thoroughly; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision.
Education And Experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Experience with food preparation and handling.
- Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship is preferred.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.