Interested in a stunning property with growth potential? A NEW place to expand your knowledge and utilize your abilities? Join us at theInn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center; www.innatvirginiatech.com
Inspiring ways to “Delight” our guest with every employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home in Blacksburg, VA.
The Inn at Virginia Tech is looking for mutilple individuals to join our conference set-up crew. This position is responsible for the room set and audio visual needs for our confernce center guest. Providing service that sets the atmospher for exceptional guest experiences.
Think this sounds like a place you want to be? Apply now...we would love to have You on our team!
The Conference Setup Crew is responsible for the setup and breakdown of furniture and other conference materials within the conference rooms of a Conference Center.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of a) Daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people. b) Location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms. c) All styles of meeting and Banquet room settings. d) Correct maintenance and use of equipment. e) All Departmental/Hotel policies and procedures. f) All safety guidelines.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items/surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Review assignment sheets with Supervisor; update completed assignments.
- Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and agreement to group requirements; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and supplies to be set up in function area; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up rooms and function areas with designated tables, chairs, staging, dance floor, flipcharts, easels, blackboards, and other equipment as specified by group requirements and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Set up table linens, skirting and tabletop items (water pitchers, ashtrays, glasses, etc.) as specified by group and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Refresh rooms as scheduled, following departmental standards.
- Breakdown function areas as scheduled in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays, and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines. Return soiled linens/skirting to Laundry.
Education And Experience
- High school graduate/equivalent vocational training certificate or work equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar position in the Hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of various room set-ups and standard equipment involved. Knowledge of proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques.
- Adhere to timelines in completion of set-ups.
- Previous guest relations training.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.