The Conference Setup Supervisor supports management in directing and coordinating activities of the room set up by performing the following duties.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes all job duties in a warm, hospitable, and welcoming manner.
- Responsible for set up and breakdown of all Sales & Catering functions. Delegates and holds staff accountable for work assignments.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the entire banquet/conference center area.
- Follows up with staff to ensure the completion of assigned tasks.
- Assists co-workers whenever needed. Performs all duties of the Set-up Houseman.
- Posts Set up Houseman’s daily set-up and cleaning schedule.
- Performs daily inspections of the tables, chairs and meeting rooms for repairs. Advises manager of needed repairs.
- Remains up to date with hotel events and guests, as they affect the areas of responsibility.
- Supervises and trains the Set-Up staff in the proper method of Conference Houseman’s service. Proper methods are those within hotel and Crestline standards.
- Provides linen set up in accordance with specific BEO requirements.
- Assists with monthly and quarterly inventory counting procedures.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, Crestline and hotel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have at least two years of experience in conference center/banquet set up.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.